Every year Joe's dad takes the whole fam on a train ride in French Lick. They hook up the antique Monon caboose just for us! Of course the kids love it! Luke and Nate are still asking daily if we are going to ride a train today with grandpa!
This year not as many of the family were able to come, so instead of our usual picnic lunch at the depot we went to the most delicious Amish restaurant! They were teasing that Joe's dad had to pay for me twice because I kept going back up! (in my defense I was getting plates for both boys and I am pregnant!) We also squeezed in a trip to West Baden. Joe and I had been years ago when they were just beginning the renovation so it was ahhh-mazing to see the transformation!
At one point the Jesuit order owned the property and turned one of the areas into a chapel. The stained glass is still intact and beautiful!

No comments:
Post a Comment