B

Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Plan...

They says plans are made to be broken...or is that rules?!?!? Anyway, I got the second steroid shot last night, and have had an uneventful day as far as labor goes. As of right now we are going to let the doctor assess me in the morning and see if they think my pelvis is big enough to get a 6 lb baby through. If they think it is - we will attempt a VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section). They will induce me with pitocin and if I can't get him out that way we will go with a c-section again. It has been a tough decision - but we feel like it is what is best for us. Wanting a big family we are better off having vaginal births. It would also be great for Nathan's lungs to get the squeezing out of the liquid that a vaginal birth provides. Either way I feel like I am in great hands and Nathan certainly is as well!
Mom came this morning and spoiled me by straightening my hair and rubbing my back. We also had a visit from Amanda and Ashley - today was supposed to be our girls's day complete with shopping, massages, and pedicures. Well, the show went on without me and they did some shopping and even found some adorable preemie clothes for our sweet little Nathan. Thank you girls for everything -wish I could have been there! Then my Aunt Connie and Couisin Olivia (she is so awesome with Luke - a million thanks Olivia for all your help with Luke, especially being there with him while I was at the doctor and the hospital!) brought Luke to visit Joe and I. We had a great visit with Luke, our last meeting as a family of 3...
We will try to keep the blog updated tomorrow as we go. We appreciate everyone's prayers and thoughts. Especially Father JR (the preist that married Joe and I) who said a Mass in Nathan's honor this evening. What a special blessing for a little boy who hasn't even been born yet!!!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

No problem...we will have plenty of time to plan another girls trip in the future! Please dont hesitate to let us know if u need anything at all...I mean it! Reagan would love to keep Luke company any day. You guys will be in our thoughts and prayers!