This morning at 7 am my water broke...I wasn't 100% sure that's what it was, so I went to my doctor's office where they confirmed that it was broke. I then went to Floyd Memorial where I was assessed and they determined I was about 4 cm dilated and 75% effaced. (I was 2 cm dilated and 50% effaced Easter weekend). So they gave me antibiotics and a steriod shot to try to speed up the development of Nathan's lungs, and got me on my way to Norton Hospital in downtown Louisville. Norton is just across the road from Kosair Children's Hospital where Nathan will more than likely spend some time in the NICU (Neo-natal Intensive Care Unit). I am 34 weeks tomorrow (Sat.) The ultrasound here at Norton revealed that Nathan is approximately 5 lbs 15 oz and in the 52nd percentile on average for all of his measurements, for a 34 week baby. I am not cramping or contracting - so we are hopeful I can hold on until my next steriod shot (tomorrow at noon), and then to Sunday at noonish, when the steroids will have had 48 total hours to get Nathan's lungs as ready as possible.
I am not trying to get my hopes up, I know even with the steroids he will more than likely need time with a respirator and incubator. But I am encouraged that I made it from 23 weeks when we were first here, until now. I feel like we have the two best hospitals for our situation that we could possibly have.
Joe is staying with me, Luke is with Con and Fam, and my mom is speeding here from MO. Today when I left Luke I had no idea I would soon be having his baby brother. I miss him so much and am a little worried how he will handle the huge change that is coming his way. I wish I could have soaked in a little more Mama and Luke time before we became a family of four, but I know Nathan will be an amazing blessing to our family and we look forward to welcoming him.
I will try to keep the blog updated with everyone's status as best we can, thank goodness this hospital has wi-fi! I love you little Lukey and miss you, and Nathan I can't wait to meet you.

1 comment:
OOOh good luck! SOunds like you have great doctors taking care of you. We'll be watching for updates, better tell Joe he might have to learn how to post on the blog.
Post a Comment