B

Friday, September 24, 2010

{Our FIRST Overnight Getaway Since Becoming Parents}


Assuming you don't count my time in the hospital when I was pregnant with Nathan, this was the first time Joe and I left the boys, went out of town (to Springfield, IL) and stayed in a hotel. I was nervous about leaving them, especially knowing we were gonna be about 6 hours away from them. But they were with my Aunt Connie and her family so I knew they weren't even gonna miss us! When we dropped them off Friday night at about 10:30 pm she was feeding them Elmo cake and Cheetos! No wonder they love the Snapps! Anyway, we stayed at Joe's brother's in Indy Friday night and headed to Springfield, IL Saturday morning. The wedding was at 3. The actual ceremony was very short, then the fun started! There was a cocktail hour, dinner, more cocktails, dancing... I had an amazing time...hadn't had that amazing of a time in several years! LOL It was a fun weekend, great to see some old friends. I loved getting time for just Joe and I. That can be hard some days... The drive there and home was great to just talk to each other without any interuptions. I know we should do it more often, and I think now that we have done it once successfully, we will do it more often. I was so ready to see the boys by Sunday. Joe and I were both up by about 5 am despite not going to bed until after 1 am. Just anxious to get home to our babies...
As a sidenote, the picture below is "Tubby" one of Joe's college buddies that hasn't (and probably never will) grow up. He went to the DJ and dedicated a Dave Matthews song "to Tubby, from Tubby" and proceded to do this weird psychodelic dance vibe thing...It was hysterical. Just Tubby being Tubby... He's single ladies, I can't imagine why?!?!? Any takers?!?!?

1 comment:

{Amanda G} said...

Fun fun fun! And you look adorable in your new outfit! It makes me want to have a little get away! I'm glad you all enjoyed yourselves! You deserve it!!!