B

Thursday, September 23, 2010

{Lanesville Heritage Weekend}

After Joe moved to Indiana, the very first time I came to visit him was Lanesville Heritage Weekend. So I guess this festival has a special place in our story. This year we took our babies, a new chapter in our story! Of course they loved the tractors, but much to my surprise they were interested in the rides! I thought we had a few more years before we dropped ridiculous amounts of money on tiny, unsafe rides - but I was wrong! Luke's first ride was this cute little train... Next he tackled the motorcycle (Nate also rode this later). He was so cute waving at us every time he came around! He was so excited!

I think Daddy had as much fun as the kids! He rode the giant slide with Luke. I don't know who liked it more...
We finally decided that Nate would be okay to ride, so this was his first time around. He thought he was so big. He was so pathetic watching brother go, so we decided to ignore the "you must be this tall" sign and let him have some fun - and I'm glad we did!

The night ended in perfection (or at least an almost 3 year old and a 15 month old boys version of perfection...) watching a helicopter take off and land and a hot air balloon glow. A perfect ending to a perfect day...

No comments: