B

Sunday, July 18, 2010

{To Grandmother's House We Go...}

Over the Fourth of July we spent about a week at my Mom's house in Missouri. I always enjoy going home, but I really love to see my boys there. The boys loved playing in the creek out back, swimming in the stock tank (thanks Grandpa!), petting the horses, seeing the baby chicks, going to the Discovery Center, and of course a Fourth of July cook out and fireworks.
This is Nate one morning up early with Grandma and Grandpa out on the back deck.
The boys loved Grandpa's tractor! Their favorite was when Grandpa would give them a ride, Luke even got to drive! So fun!
One of the best parts of the trip for me was reconnecting with my best friend from high school/college, Jacque. We had lost touch about 7 years ago and recently reconnected. It worked out great that the boys and I were making the trip and the timing worked for her and her sweet boys too. Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Rachael kept the boys so I could go have dinner and drinks with Jacque (at the most delicious restaraunt ever called Touch, it was so fun!). Anyway we talked for about 5 hours straight. We had a lot of catching up to do! Her boys are 5 and 3 and so sweet and lots of fun. We arranged to spend the Fourth at mom's cooking out and playing with the boys. The kids had a great time together and the weather was perfect. Such a blessing to see the beautiful woman, mom and person she is. I had a wonderful time and hope we can get together more often. It's crazy how different we are from who we were 7 years ago, but how similar to one another we still are. I guess some things never change.
It was a wonderful trip, thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for such a wonderful trip full of fun memories - we love you guys!
XOXOXO

No comments: