B

Friday, July 16, 2010

{Happy Birthday Nate-er-rator!}

1 Year Ago...


1 Year Old...



Can't believe it's been a whole year since this little guy entered our lives... 6 weeks early, but he was so strong, so tough right from the get-go. Only 11 days in the hospital, never needed help breathing, just a little help eating and staying warm. We knew instantly that he was going to be a go with the flow, strong, sweet little guy. He still amazes me with his strength and lovingness. His smile absolutely melts me. And he loves to manipulate us. He cries and grunts to get what he wants, then smiles as soon as he has it. He is definetly a second born! He says "uh-oh" but that's really about it...sometimes it sounds like he says other things, but I think it's just my mom-ness hearing it. :) He took his first steps over 2 months ago, but just really started walking about a month ago. He loves to eat - especially grapes and Veggie Straws. He is a pretty good sleeper, although he still gets up once or twice a night for a bottle. He usually has two naps a day. He has switched from formula to milk (thanks to a great suggestion from my friend Jacque - warm the cows milk up then give it to him, worked like a charm!). He loves to climb, he just has a hard time figuring out how to get down. He loves to be outside, and if he thinks someone else is going outside without him, he gets really, really mad. He loves water and is very brave. His favorite thing is to sit in the sand at the waters edge and play in the wet sand. He loves to get dirty - he's all boy! He likes popcicles, tractors, balls and most of all - playing with his brother. When they are together and it gets quiet I know I better go find them! When they are together and I hear them giggling it makes me the happiest mama on earth. I love our little Nate Nate so much. I don't know what our lives would be like without him, he is Luke's best friend, daddy's mini-me, and my little baby. I am so greatful that he is such a healthy, happy little guy. We are so blessed to have him in our lives. Happy First Birthday Nate - we love you!!!!

1 comment:

{Amanda G} said...

I can't believe it's been a year! I want him to still be a baby but he's already a big boy! He is a sweetie that's for sure! His smile melts my heart too!