B

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

{To Be!!!}

My estogen level was 20,000. But I still wasn't convinced... Could still be a "chemical pregnancy," and my body just making the estrogen because it doesn't realize I'm not pregnant anymore. So my OB scheduled me for an ultrasound Tuesday, May 4. When I got there I explained to the ultrasound tech that I was pretty sure I had miscarried and was prepared for that. She was very sweet and didn't dismiss my feelings and just said she would be honest with me about what she saw. Very quickly we could both see - a BABY! Well, the beginning of one anyway! The egg sac had grown tremendously and we could even see the fetal pole, the beginning of the baby. By the measurements she took I was estimated at 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant. That's about 2 weeks behind what I had estimated based on my last cycle. Nathan is only 10 months, so while my cycle had regulated it appears that my ovulation within the cycle had not. So, i found out I was pregnant 1 week after conception, or three weeks pregnant. Yep, it's possible, I asked. And I wasn't having any symptoms because I was still so early. But don't worry, the symptoms have appeared. Last night, I woke up at midnight - threw up the entire contents of my stomach plus some. Then went back to sleep and woke up 15 minutes later starving so I ate 2 tubs of applesauce and a package of cheese and peanut butter crackers. I am nauseous off and on throughout the day. (with the boys I was naseous mostly in the evening). I have also added a new symptom of being dizzy from time to time. Most people have said they think I am having a girl, and with 2 boys already, the statistics are in their favor. We will be happy whatever we get. (Most of you know that Joe and I have long since said we would be more than happy to have all boys. It's because we are afraid of princess temper tantrums, teenage girl drama, and paying for a wedding! But we know just like with boys it is all in how you raise them. And I am confident that our little girl would be just as sweet as our little boys. So we will truly be happy whatever God sends us.)
You can track our baby's development with the two widgets on the right hand side bar.
Thanks to everyone who was praying for us and holding their breath with us. I certainly feel like this baby is a gift from God in a way I hadn't yet known. When you think you lost something, but didn't, you appreciate it so much more. We are already in love with you Baby #3!

No comments: