
A few weekends ago Joe needed to get caught up at work. So, Thursday afternoon I decided I would leave Friday (the next day) and head up north to visit with my family. So Friday morning we headed out to my Aunt Renee's (about 2 hours away). We got there just in time for lunch. Renee and my Uncle Marty were there to greet us. Luke instantly bonded with Marty over HotWheels. Once my cousins were home from school, we headed outside to play with Luke's new tractor and on their fun swingset. We had a wonderful visit and they were so accomodating of all our messes. We even had a delicious pancake breakfast Saturday morning before the boys and I headed to our next stop...
My Grandma and Grandpa Greene's. My Aunt Brenda and her fam were there too, which was awesome. We never get that one on one with Brenda and her family so that was a special unexpected blessing. We bummed around the farm, and Luke, of course, rode his tractor. My cousin Eric got on one of Grandpa's riding mowers and rode around with Luke. They were so funny!




Sunday morning the boys and I headed to my Dad's house. We went to church with Dad, Robin and Alissa that morning, then visited with my Grandma Jackson and Aunt T. We took a walk and...you guessed it - rode the tractor! Monday morning we woke up and had breakfast, then headed to my Grandma and Grandpa Deffenbaugh's.

We had lunch with G&G D and while Grandma and I were talking in the kitchen both boys made their way into the living room with my Grandpa. They were having so much fun with him. It was really sweet to hear them laughing and talking. Then we headed outside to swing and play (surprisingly, no tractor here!)

We wrapped up our trip by leaving G&G D's and heading for Aunt Connie's house for dinner. It was a much needed stop - Nate was awake and crying and I had to pee! All in all, the trip was fantastic. The boys did beautifully with all the traveling and being different places and seeing different people. I love how flexible they both are! I definetly plan to do this again. My mom always tried to encourage one on one time with family and I want that for my boys too. Thank you to everyone for making such a fun weekend for us, and a great break for me! Next time I will try to get a pic with each family we visit...
No comments:
Post a Comment