B

Sunday, March 28, 2010

{A Voice from the Past}

A few days ago I had a voicemail from my friend, Jill. It said she had received a call, a voice from our past, someone had an interesting offer for both of us. I had an idea of who it was and what it might be...and sure enough, my old boss from the auto auction (he knows Jill from when we all worked together at Logan's), was interested in Jill and/or I coming to work at the auction. Really nice compliment, right?!? Especially in this economy where lots of people are looking for a job. Anyway, I took it as a very nice compliment, but it also made me think...
The last three months have been rough. The boys both had constant ear infections starting in December and lasting until Luke got tubes February 9 and Nate finally got tubes March 9. Anyone who has ever had a child with an ear infection can understand completely (let alone both having ear infections at the same time!) and for those of you lucky ducks that haven't experienced it...say a prayer of thanks - you have no idea!
Then, just when I thought things had to get better since they both had their tubes successfully in place...we all got a stomach bug! Poor Mom was here visiting for spring break, so she even got it. Luke puked all day Tuesday, Nate puked and started diarrhea Tuesday (and still has the diarrhea and is puking - his little tummy can't handle the formula...), I started Tuesday night and Mom started Wednesday morning. Joe (as usual) didn't get it! He has the immune system of a horse!
I sit here tonight with a heating pad on my aching back and a glass of wine beside me. I'm worn out. I'm exhausted. I'm sore. The house isn't as clean as I'd like.
BUT
I don't have to go to work tomorrow. My boss is a two year old, a really fun one. And a 9 month old, a really cute one. I will wake up to a baby's cry or a toddlers voice, not an alarm clock. I don't have a 401k, but I am making an investment in my children's future.
It's not an easy job I have, but it's beyond worth it.
Just look at these sweet boys, and I think you'll agree!



My friend and resident photographer, Amanda, is on maternity leave (she had her sweet baby girl, Lakyn, on March 13) so I made an attempt this past weekend at capturing the boys. We were at the local park with Dah-Maw Sherrie, and our neices BreeAnn and Brittany. It was a beautiful day, perfect for trying out my birthday present (an SLR camera!) I am no Amanda Graves, but I thought they were cute!
I hope I can stay home forever...as tough as it is, there's no where else I'd rather be!

1 comment:

{Amanda G} said...

I'm glad you have the job you do too! It wouldn't be as much fun if you had to work. What would Karter do without Luke?