B

Friday, October 9, 2009

Everyone said...


...it would be harder to keep up with the blog with two. And they were right - but not harder because we have two KIDS - harder because we have two COMPUTERS! I used to have to go down to the basement landing "office" to check e-mail and pay bills so while I was there I would update the blog. Well, we got an awesome deal on a laptop and now it sits on the counter in the kitchen and I check e-mail all day and surf the Internet...so no reason to go to the basement and thus update the blog. But I have remedied that by buying an external card reader (laptop doesn't have one, that's why I haven't just used it to update...)So here is what we have been up to for the last month or so...
Luke likes to be as close to old Nate Nate as he can, always in his face saying "hi Brudder" in the most high pitched voice you can imagine. He likes to cover him with 'blankets' (spit clothes) and kiss him and, uh, gently hitting him to get my attention. He usually will gently nudge Nate - knowing that will get my attention. Overall he is very sweet to Nathan and just laughs whenever he is near him!
These are the three most amazing guys in the whole world! I don't know what life would be like without each of them. Joe is such an amazing father. He has already had the boys on his own several times as I am venturing out in my new business Thirty-One. He has taken them to the grocery and park and had plenty of days just home with the boys. He is a great hubby too - letting me sleep in on Saturdays (and most Sundays) and helping out in the evenings even after working hard all day he gives us his all here at home too. Luke never ceases to make me laugh and make me crazy! He is two and there are so many reasons I love that - he can tell me what he wants, he is actually fun to play with, and he is so independent (played in the basement for about an hour the other day while I picked up, I just kept checking on him) he is a sweetheart! Nathan reminds me how quickly it goes, and reminds me soak in every minute with my little men, because I won't ever have that moment again! He is a great sleeper and cuddly and so innocent. I am a pretty lucky lady and I know it! I love you boys!
This is Luke during nap time on a weekend. I had run a few errands and Joe put Luke down for his nap. Joe left him with this great board book with some of the saints in it, and he fell asleep reading it. So sweet!!! He is fascinated with "Jesus Books" (kids board book bibles) that my Aunt Brenda got him. We have to read them every night, and we are happy to oblige him! It's a great feeling when your kids WANT to read their "Jesus Book" or a book about the Saints.

Natey keeping his own pacifier in. I love having a paci baby. He doesn't want it all the time, but he will take it in a pinch, and that has been really helpful!

We walk to the other side of the lake almost every night to see the "fishies." As it is getting cooler Nathan is bundled up tight while we go on our nightly adventure. He enjoys being outside and looks around and takes it all in.

Luke has started picking flowers, aka weeds! He likes to throw them in the lake or pick them for his MawMaw - so sweet!
He CANNOT stand to have rocks or anything in his shoes, so it isn't uncommon for him to sit on the road and brush the rocks out then put the shoes back on (always on the wrong feet, too!)

Natey enjoys having as few clothes as possible (Luke too!) sometimes when he is fussy I just take his outfit off and let him kick in his diaper - it seems to work! Nothing cuter than a baby in a diaper!

We went to our little towns fall festival and Luke's favorite part was the balloon glow. As we were leaving, and the whole way home, and even once he was in bed he kept saying "boons" with such desperation. He LOVED them. It was fun for all of us!

Nathan is so laid back. He is a very different personality than Luke already. Not that Luke is high maintenance, but Nathan is definitely super laid back like Joe. Nate is getting so big, you would never know he was a preemie. We call him pudge - he has rolls under his chin - it's so cute!

No comments: