Nathan Update - doing well, growing and growing. Sleeping way better than Luke ever did at this age! He is up about every 2 hours during the night - which is AWESOME in my world! His biggest fan is Luke. If Nathan utters a peep or whimper Luke is right there in his face laying beside him saying "Hi Brudder" in a really high pitched sing-song voice. I love it! They are sweet together! Nathan reminds me a lot of Luke, and I am enjoying a few of the "baby" things - like how they pull their legs up to their belly when you pick them up, the look on their sleeping face, the way they stretch...
(I am so embarassed I don't have a pic of him to put here...Everyone said you don't take as many pics of the second child...guess it's true. It's just that, well, all he really does is lay there, and when Luke 'just layed there' it was the first time a human being that I had a part in making 'just layed there' so it was special, but now, well - it's just Nate laying there... I'm gonna work on that though!)
Luke Update - we have discovered Play-Doh and love it! It keeps him quietly entertained for hours on end! He has also discovered coloring and loves anything animals, balls or with wheels. He likes puzzles and I Spy books. He talks up a storm and repeats anything you say -so be careful! He still loves YouTube - only now it is the Itsy Bitsy Spider, 5 Little Monkeys, and the Animal Song that he most enjoys. But at the moment his super-favorite thing is his "Jesus Books." Which are a little Bible and kids devotional with hard pages that my Aunt Brenda got him. He won't go to sleep wiothout having read a few pages, looking at the pictures and finding Jesus and then placing it beside him. It's really quite sweet, and as a parent, makes you feel like you've done something right... And as the title of the post suggests tonight after bath just before bed, Jesus Books won over YouTube. Luke was pitching a fit wanting to play on YouTube and I told him it was time for bed, the fight continues...finally I said "wanna go read Jesus Books?" and he got very excited ran down the hall into his room jumped in bed and grabbed the Jesus Book off the headboard and handed it to me! My new name is "Monny" like Mommy but with N's. Funny. Oh yeah, he also has a new haircut...
I shaved him a mowhawk last week. I have been wanting to do that since the kid was born and he just finally has enough hair! It is cute and we are getting lots of compliments and a few questions! I think it's so fun!
Well, our Welcome to the World Nate, Happy 30th B-Day Daddy party was a success, thanks to everyone who came - it was fun to have everyone and introduce Nathan to the crazies, I mean our families and friends!!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment