...unfortunately Nathan did not. I was released yesterday. Technically we should have gone around noon but Norton was kind enough to let us stay until after dinner. It's a very strange thing to leave your baby. To let other people provide his care and trust them to not just take care of him but to love him. The nurses are great, but they aren't his mama. They tried to take him out from under the heat lamp yesterday but he had to go back under, he just can't keep his temp up on his own yet. Today was a good day though - he ditched his IV and breastfed for the first time! They are happy with his progress eating - he hasn't been tube fed for over a day.
Mom went and gave him his 11am feeding and Joe and I were there for the 2pm and 5pm feedings. So, Joe and I got the morning with Luke. I know he is so confused. We all are... It was great to be with him and have a little hint of normalcy.
He got to wear clothes for the first time yesterday while they were letting him try to keep his temp up. It was pretty cute. He reminds me so much of Luke in this pic - with his little arms up over his head...

No comments:
Post a Comment