B

Monday, July 20, 2009

Life as we know it...


has certainly changed! We are adjusting to a family of four. Luke continues to do well, especially the last few days he has been especially gentle with Nathan, but also very attached to me. I have to admit I kinda enjoy the attached to me part. Mom went back to MO for a long weekend, so we are on our own (ok, not really Amanda and my Aunt Con and fam helped today and Olivia is spending the night and our niece BreeAnn is scheduled to come Wednesday and Mom gets back Thursday - phew!). But kinda on our own. This morning I had both boys - on 3 1/2 hours of interrupted sleep. But it went surprisingly well. I kinda broke down Saturday night. Just overwhelmed mostly with the pumping thing - have I mentioned how much I HATE it?!?!? I can't bond with Nathan like I did Luke through nursing. And it is hard to have my heart and time divided. Anyway - I spent most of the night last night praying that today would go well and the Lord would give me patience and a manageable schedule as far as both boys eating and needing my attention. Well, the good Lord saw fit to answer my prayer and I had a wonderful morning with my boys. I have to remember that God chooses when we have our babies and He will give me the strength I need to do what I need to do. Part of the homily this weekend was about not being the victim, this is the second Sunday this month I have felt like the homily was for me specifically.

Anyway...Luke has been having his own kind of fun...learning and doing new things and being cute!

{Ringing the doorbell - he can finally reach it!}
{Playing with the toys scheduled to go to the basement due to lack of playing with...doesn't it figure, hasn't touched some of this in months, but threaten to take it to the basement and suddenly it's a new favorite all over again!}

{Pumping (sorry it's blurry)- yes, the other day he grabbed the pumping bottles and headed to the bedroom where I pumped and put the bottles on his "boobies" and said, "ee-ooo, ee-ooo" (the sound the pump makes. He also tried to nurse Nathan the other day while he held them - hysterical!!!}


{Playing with Grandpa's shades}

He really is a little man now. Such attitude and opinions. But soooo sweet too. I love his huge hugs and kisses and cuddling in the mornings.

1 comment:

{Amanda G} said...

The little dude does like to wear shades! He was so good yesterday! I am glad that I could finally help out in a small way!