B

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Zoo Day with Grandma



Yesterday Mom, Luke and I ventured to the Zoo. It's so much easier with two adults. Especially when one of the adults is almost 9 months pregnant! I was a little surprised Luke didn't fall asleep - but he had a great time, especially at the splash park! I think Mom and I got as wet as he did!

(Ok, Grandma might have gotten a LITTLE bit more wet than me!)
They have a hippo that "pees" when you spin a little wheel, Luke loved to spin it and run through it. As we were playing there I can't count the parents that were telling their kids "don't get wet" "don't step in the water." I however, was right there with Luke encouraging him to have fun - hello, it's the Zoo! I just wanted to splash those parents as they walked by, they apparently have forgotten what it's like to be a kid! I could have reminded them! :)
Grandma also rode the Carousel with Luke. It actually goes pretty fast - so excuse the fuzzy picture!
And last but not least, Luke with his favorite new animal "durtle." There are a lot of durtles at the zoo and Luke wanted to point them all out, but this one was the most...up close and personal with him!

It has been wonderful having my Mom here for the last several weeks. She will leave this weekend and I am a little sad. I have gotten a lot done with her help, and I am so greatful she has taken the time to come and be a part of Luke's everyday life, and mine. She will be back before Nathan is born, but at that point we will really be in the countdown to Baby #2. I couldn't have gotten everything done that I needed to without her help - thanks a million Mom, we love you and will miss you so much!

No comments: