
Two weekends ago Mom, Luke and I went up north so Joe could have the house for the annual BLT (Brotherly Love Tour - when he and his 3 brothers get together for a weekend and act like teenagers again!). We stayed with my Grandma & Grandpa Greene. It's always fun to wonder the farm with all it's barns and nooks and crannies. But it is especially fun with Luke. He had lots of fun going "up up up up up" the cellar hill and then coming back "dn dn dn dn dn" the cellar hill (as he says). He loved the numerous tractors, mowers, boats and old cars that he could pretend to drive. I think one of his favorite things was playing in a 5 gallon bucket my Grandpa catches rain water in by the well pump. He made a muddy mess out of the dirt around it - but had a great time! He didn't know what to think about the American flag that kept tickling his head while he played there, at one point he even fell off the platform trying to attack the flag. I kept joking that this flag must have flown during the civil war because it is so worn - it's Old Glory herself!

We also squeezed in a trip to my Granma and Grandpa Deffenbaugh's and my Dad and Robin's. From my Dad and Robin's we went to my Grandma Jackson's house where Luke had tons of toys to play with and lots of fun with Grandma J and Aunt T. It hink his favorite was a bubble machine that Aunt T brought out and Grandma Robin helped him chase down all the bubbles!
Joe had a great time too. Between the shooting range, Willie Nelson concert, Bourbon Trail, golf, cooking out and telling lies it was a long fun and well deserved weekend. Joe next to never spends money (despite the fact that he makes it all!) but I can always count on this weekend for him to splurge a little for himself and have some fun! And the guys didn't destroy the house at all. In fact they left ice cream in the freezer and even bought a new gallon of milk - thanks guys!
1 comment:
I love the pictures of him at the park. You are getting good with capturing him! It was good seeing you for a little while today. I feel like I have to make some excuse to get you over here. When you get here, I can't let you go.
Post a Comment