+009.jpg)
Little Nathan is doing great. A little correction from my previous post - he is not and has not been on oxygen, the tube in his nose is a feeding tube. Looks like the steroid shots prepared his lungs well and he has been breathing great on his own all along. He needs help keeping his temperature up and eating. Once he can get all his food from a bottle (or even better - Mommy!) and keep his temp up on his own for two days he can go home. Right now we anticipate another week or two in the intermediate nursery before he can come home. He is doing well sucking on a pacifier, and tries to nurse a little. I have seen great progress in the last 24 hours with the eating. I try to nurse then give him a bottle every 3 hours. This last bottle went great - he got all 2 teaspoons and barely spit up!+002.jpg)
We had a great visit with big brother Luke yesterday. It made all the pushing worth it when he could climb on my lap and love on me. With a C-section it would have been way too painful to have him on my lap. Luke was my motivation to push, I want to still be Mommy to him through all of this. I wish he could see little Nathan, but he is just too young. I wish he could understand why Mom and Dad are away. I am greatful he has been having so much fun though with my Aunt Connie and Family and now my Mom. I want to be with him so bad, but it is so comforting to know he is in good hands and being spoiled!
He is so tiny, and seems so fragile I don't know what to do with him! They are letting me stay until after dinner and then we will go home for the night. We miss Luke terribly. It will be so hard to spread our time between home with Luke and the hospital with Nathan. I pray that our boys will both be strong as we get through the next couple weeks because we couldn't love either of them more if we had to. +013.jpg)
+013.jpg)
I love these little toes - I know it's blurry but they are so long! Thanks to everyone who has visited and had us in your prayers!

2 comments:
hi candice this is your cousin holly from pa. congratulations on the new baby you have a beautiful family
Glad to see everything went so well! Enjoy your new baby!
Post a Comment