B

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

19 Months and Counting

I can't believe it has been 19 months. Each milestone blows me away and each day I realize what a little treasure I have!
A few new Luke things...
He puts on his own shoes, and he LOVES to wear shoes. Even though I try desperately for a "NO SHOES IN THE HOUSE" rule, it's hard not to let him when he has gone through all the effort to put them on. Usually on the wrong feet I might note!
He also puts his own pants on, he just needs a little help pulling them up, and tries SO HARD to put shirts on, we just aren't there yet.
He has discovered hanging from things, like the metal bar that holds the teeter totters at the park or the paralell bars at the gymnastics place. He just pulls his little feet up and hangs - grinning with delight!
A few new words are Joe (yes, much to Joe's dismay he is "DOE!" right now not dada!), apple, water, I dunno.
He has been sleeping in his toddler bed for about a week and has never even attempted to get out of it during nap time or at bedtime...until last night. At about 4 am I woke up and heard him fussing, and even though I didn't think he'd been fussing long, that 6th Mom sense, said to go check on him. By the time I got to my door he wasn't crying anymore but I still wanted to check on him. I opened his door to find an empty crib! I went running through the house hollering his name with no luck, at some point Joe woke up and joined the search without a word of explanation from me. I finally found him all the way under his bed. Just a foot visible. Joe actually had to pick up the crib so I could pick him up and put him back in bed. It was one of the most frightening moments of my life not being able to find him. We aren't really sure how he ended up under the bed, but I do know that he likes to have his heade in a corner, so however he got on the ground he probably just kept scooting until he found a corner to squish his head into!

No comments: