I can't believe our baby boy is 18 months old! In some ways it feels like he has ALWAYS been here and in others like he just arrived yesterday...
A few updates....
Luke has 12 teeth - the top and bottom from 4 and one molar on each side top and bottom.
Luke knows lots of words - some that almost anyone could understand ...mama, dada, baby, Scout Scout, birdie, hi, bye, uh-oh, oh no, no, more, eat, drink, belly, eyes, ready, butt, car, banana, kitty, meow, ball, night-night, and book. And a few you may have to love him to understand...head, toes, ears, mouth, stop, plane... I'm sure I am forgetting some but you get the idea.
He has learned to lock the doors - thus a $65 visit from the locksmith last week!
He still eats as much as some NFL football players! But favorites are Mexican food, chicken salad, chips, bananas, cheese, cottage cheese, and yogurt.
He is now on a pretty good schedule he takes a bath at 8:30 pm and is in bed at about 9 pm. He wakes up just before 7 am most days and takes a nap from about 1-2:30ish. He requires less than 12 hours of sleep, much to my dismay!
He is pretty well behaved, although currently we are fighting a small yelling issue "DDDAAAA!" he screams, meaning "Stop!!!" Whenever he isn't getting his way. I can't blame him, he gets it honest - I yell and throw things when I get mad...guess I need to work on that! Sharing is tough too, but that seems pretty normal for this age.
Luke loves people, he is a social kid, which is good for us - it allows us to have a few breaks when other people are around.
Luke usually leads our mealtime prayers. By that I mean as soon as he is in his chair his hands are clasped and he is looking at Joe and I, ready. He can't really do the sign of the cross - but he has the 'Father' part down (touching his forehead). We are grateful for our non-Catholic friends and family that indulge him and participate in the Catholic Grace complete with sign of the cross!
Being Luke's mom isn't always easy...I won't lie. But it's always a blessing and the greatest job I could ask for. I love him, and even when he makes me so crazy I can see the loony bin, I can't help but think how adorable he is. I love his laugh and the way he runs when he gets excited. I love his good night kisses and his morning cuddles. He makes me a better version of myself and I wouldn't trade him or my life at home with him for all the gold in China. With Nathan on the way I am soaking in every minute I have left with just Luke and I. Life will soon change forever again...but I will always love my little boy!

No comments:
Post a Comment