Friday, April 3, 2009
{To Cast or Not to Cast?}
Today we visit a Pediatric Orthopedic...Luke hurt his leg last Thursday on the playground and we all thought it was just a sprain, but the doctor sent me home with an X-ray order, just in case. By this Tuesday he was still limping and in pain, so we did the X-ray and sure enough - there's a hairline fracture in his tibia... So today we will find out if we need a cast - yuck - I pray not... I have to admit it has been a blessing to have my sweet snuggly baby back, he is enjoying cuddling and I am too! It is sad to see him in pain...but he is such a trooper! As long as he has Ibprofen he walks and plays with a little limp and an occassional wince if he moves it wrong. I wish I could take the pain for him, but I know this is the first of many times he will have a hurt that I cannot fix! I say prayers with him every night as I put him to bed and we have been asking that the Lord gives him strength to deal with the pain and patience when he can't do what he wants because of it. This is a lesson for me that I can't fix it all, sometimes it's for God to handle (and the doctors!) not mommy! I will update this evening based on what the doctor tells us...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We are glad that he has such a good mommy who loves him so much! We know he has his cast! We cheated! It makes it look good! Hope you have a good night!
Post a Comment