B

Friday, April 3, 2009

To Cast it is!

The Pediatric Orthopedic decided Luke did need a cast - so here he is sporting his hot new look...it's still kinda growing on him! He did NOT like getting the cast put on - but as soon as it was on it was a few hours before he actually noticed it. Tonight he kept hitting his leg trying to straighten it, no such luck! He really doesn't like the cast, especially the no bath part. But better now than during swim season. Thank goodness Daddy always seems to have a special way of making things better, he handles these things way better than I do! Joe had Luke laughing and even taught him to crawl with the cast in no time.
It looks like we will have the cast for about two weeks (assuming all goes as planned!). So it will be off the day before Thunder over Louisville - yayyyy! He's tough and I know he will be ok. I told the nurse as we left today "I wish I thought this would be our last time here but with another boy on the way I am sure you all will be on my speed dial!" She agreed!

3 comments:

Maxwells said...

That's so sad he had to have a cast. But at least this way it will heal better. Welcome to having a little boy!
*I love Thunder, no other firework display can come close!

Ashley said...

I am sooo sorry that Luke had to get a cast. He is a tough cookie though and I am sure he will be back to running around and playing in no time! In the mean time if you guys need any company or distractions feel free to come on over and play with Reagan...she loves Luke!!!!

Kristy Taylor Fishburn said...

The poor little guy!