Tonight we handed off the keys to our first home as a family. A little sad, but after a week of packing and hauling and cleaning, I was really ready to just be done! I have to give a special thanks to lots of people, but I will start with Amanda, she has helped pack, watched Luke, let me use her shower, and even made cupcakes to celebrate Luke's birthday tomorrow with Joe's family when I couldn't get a cake made in time! Thank you!!! As usual I don't know what I would do without you and your friendship! Barb and Chris and girls, they get the award for the most packing and hauling help, we appreciate your hard work; and even more - we appreciate the place to stay while our home is being built! Mary and Greg and family for help with Luke and packing and hauling. And Anne and Kyle for the trash hauling and packing help!
I have to admit, when I first moved here I told Joe that I thought his family "inconvenienced each other a lot." While I have two sisters, I was raised as an only child and didn't really understand siblings so well. Now I realize the "inconveniencing" is helping and what goes around comes around. So thanks for letting us inconvenience you guys - we love you all!

1 comment:
I really don't like moving. We had to be out of our rental house this past Friday. Man, was that alot of hard work. I think it is great that you are part of such a big family. It is really hard moving all by yourself (with 3 kids). How exciting to have a house built! I am sure you guys are having a blast staying with Barb and Chris, the time will go by so fast.
Post a Comment