B

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

{Miss Emily and Miss Emma}

Last Day of Club 2012:
I like to think that I am the woman of Luke's life, but I know better.  These two ladies also have pretty big chunks of his little boy heart!  Miss Emily is Luke's preschool teacher, Miss Vicki's, daughter.  She is graduating high school this year.  Early in the school year when I came in to meet with Miss Vicki about Luke's hearing loss Emily was there to help keep the boys occupied so we could talk.  After hearing what was happening with Luke she made the kindest offer I could have never even imagined.  She offered to tutor Luke in sign language once a week.  Just because.  Because she is sweet and compassionate, thoughtful and giving; because she is like her mom.  Every Thursday Luke has looked forward to Club Time with Emily and sweet Emma; a classmate, a friend, a sweet little girl that has a big chunk of my mama heart!  Luke and Emma would stay an hour later after school and Miss Emily would play games with them and teach them a few new signs.  Luke loves teaching us the signs afterwards.  It was a great experience and a great way for Luke to develop a strong bond with another student and learn some sign language.  We are so grateful Emma's parents allowed her to be a part of it!  And really grateful Emily was willing to do it.  When I was a senior in high school I was much more worried about myself than a little boy.  Miss Emily is an amazing young woman.  I know that whatever she chooses to do in life she will be phenomenal at it. 
After Club we went to Chillers for some yummy ice cream.  I'm pretty boring when it comes to ice cream and usually we just get McDonalds - so this was a fun treat!  The kids got cute sundaes and had fun with their favorite girl - Emma!  A perfect way to end a perfect year!

No comments: