Today we welcomed our third baby boy! On February 1, 2012 at 4:38 pm Jason (Jace) Daniel Van Bree was born 7 lbs 1 oz, 18 inches long, at Norton Suburban hospital 3 1/2 weeks early.
On Monday, 1/30, I went to my OB for a routine check up and when they checked me they told me I was 4 cm dilated. By Wednesday i had been a little crampy and felt like I was probably progressing but just wanted to have the doctor check me. So I went to my doctor's office and the Nurse Practitioner checked me. Her eyes got kinda big and she told me - "you just stay right here, I'm going to get Dr Nett, I'll be right back, stay right here!" Dr Nett came back and checked me and said "You are 6 cm dilated - we are having a baby today!" After a quick ultrasound we came to the conclusion that Jace was going to be a big guy and I didn't want to try VBAC and end up with a c-section anyway. So I opted for a c-section. Dr Nett told me to go straight to the hospital and she would meet us there shortly. We got checked into the hospital and then just hung out in a little room waiting for an operating room and Dr Nett. I wasn't in pain - except my stomach - I was STARVING! It was so weird - I went in just to have them check me and now here I was in the hospital getting ready to have the baby. He was far enough along (36.5 weeks) that we didn't need to do steroid shots and Dr Nett was fairly certain he would be healthy and ready to go. I tried to enjoy my last few hours of feeling Jace kick inside me and being just mine. Eventually they came and got me and took me to the OR where I got my spinal. Then the panic sunk in - I was on my back, which makes it hard to breath when pregnant, and I couldn't feel my own body. I was trying to stay calm, but the tears came. Everyone was so sweet and kept assuring me that it was ok. There were even a couple students in the room observing. I was trying NOT to listen to the doctors explaining what they were doing! Within a few minutes Jace was out and screaming his little lungs out. He looked so much like Luke to me. I loved him instantly! They got me all sewn back up and I went to recovery. They immediately put Jace on me and we had skin to skin time. I have wanted that with every baby and this is the first I have had it with. It was so amazing! just me, Jace and Joe. I loved every second of it!
I can't beieve how different this time is. The c-section wasn't nearly as bad when it was planned and I had a wonderful doctor and nursing staff taking care of me!
Welcome to the family little Jace!

1 comment:
Congrats!!!! Enjoy this time. I love new little babies :)
Post a Comment