Yep, you read that right, SCHOOL! About a month ago we started to realize we were interpreting what Luke said to strangers, and we didn't have to do that for Nate. We realized he might have a speech problem. So we had him tested at the local school and they made the recommendation that Luke begin preschool at our local school immediately, where he would have speech therapy and be immersed in speech and learning. We were shocked. We were expecting them to suggest speech therapy a couple times a week, but not 4 day a week preschool. Thanks to my friend Sarah (whose daughter was in the same class) we were able to make it work even with my cleaning schedule. We are so grateful for her help! She took him the first day, the teacher, Miss Vicki, suggested he might separate from Sarah easier, so I left her to do the dirty work! He was nervous and excited, just like his mama.
A few days in he was enjoying it and talking a lot about Miss Vicki. He is so cute with a backpack! We ended up checking his hearing and found he needed a tube replaced and his adenoids removed. He did great with the surgery and we think it is helping some with the hearing part of things. He even seems to be picking up some of the speech concepts. The other day when he got in the car I asked if had fun, and he corrected the way I move my mouth when I make the "f" sound! It is the first of many steps of letting him go and letting him be himself and figure out who he is. I am nervous for him, I want him to have everything, be everything and do everything... But more than anything I am so proud of the little man he is.

No comments:
Post a Comment