Merry Christmas!
This year we went with the "Jesus got three gifts, so our kids will get three gifts" theory. And I LOVED it! While they are still young and don't really have a wish list, it's nice to take advantage it and just enjoy Christmas for Christmas. That's not to say Luke hasn't asked everyday since if we can open more presents, but...
Anyway, Luke had found and tried to open his presents earlier. I had them on the dryer, and so every time I would go to fold clothes he flelt the need to help... He asked everyday if he could open them, and I kept telling him we had to wait until Christmas. Finally he got to open his presents! This year's theme was definetly horses! The boys have been in love with them ever since we rode at Anne's on Thanksgiving. They got several horse themed sets with tractors and barns and fences and such, They also both got a "Magna-Doodle" type thing to color on. And, yep, that's it... Oh wait, a cute little tiny puppy that acts like it's alive. It moves and whimpers, it's so cute. Maybe that was a little bit for Mommy?!?!
This is so stinkin' cute! Nate trying to give the little puppy his "blah-lah" (as Nate calls it, he even rolls his tongue like they teach you to do in Spanish! LOL)
Believe it or not, this isn't the whole shebang, it's just what fit comfortably on the coffee table... I have already bagged up the smaller pieces and fence pieces and we just play with the horses and barns. Just like last year we had Joe's whole fam over in the afternoon (about 50 people!). Joe cleaned the garage like a mad man (even bleached the floor!) we put tables and heaters out there. It's still very crowded and admittedly, not my favorite thing. I get a little overwhelmed and the only child in me starts freaking out a little. Anyway, it is nice to be together with family and enjoy the day. It turned out pretty well. {Other than the gum I spent an hour and a half digging out of my carpet, but I digress...}
It's so hard at 3 and 18 months to really explain Christmas. We just kept reminding them that this was Jesus' birthday and He was so kind, that He wanted us to get presents for His birthday!
As a sidenote, I have wanted a Pandora bracelet for over a year now. The world will be happy to know I got one!!! Joe very much surprised me. I had told him not to worry about it, I didn't really need it, etc, etc. But he did it anyway and I LOVE it! He picked out two little boy charms for my babies and a ring of hearts to symbolize himself. So sweet! Thank you for such a sweet surprise!
I think, actually I know, this is one of my most favorite Christmases yet! Happy Birthday Jesus!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment