B

Sunday, December 5, 2010

{Jesse Tree - Day 5, Abraham}

 The LORD had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.  “I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.”
Genesis 12:1-3
Today's special activity - decorating for Christmas!  We are starting a new tradition with Grandma here for the weekend after Thanksgiving to help decorate for Christmas and make Cashew Chicken.  This was our first of hopefully many years to come.  The tree looks gorgeous, Joe takes about 2 hours to string the lights on the tree (seriously, 2 hours!).  Then everyone hands me the bulbs and I decorate the tree.  We will put up the village and some of the other little things tomorrow.  I took down the fall stuff on the porch and put up a Christmas wreath and put out the little tree.  I LOVE this time of year.  Now that we have kids and have sorta established our own schedule and routine, this time of year has become much less stressful for me.  I can really enjoy it all. 

 This is the first year we've really all been involved in decorating, it was really fun.




 This is the box our ornaments came in, my mom got the idea to let them stand in it.  Nate looks so funny!

1 comment:

{Amanda G} said...

We put our tree up too! You look so pretty in these photos! I can't wait to see your tree!