Every year Joe's dad plans out annual French Lick Train Ride. It's a fun tradition! The kids especially love it. It's about a 2 hour ride, then we have a picnic lunch at the depot. Luke was so excited all weekend, talking about "I ride it train." The coolest part for us is that we don't ride in the regular passenger trains, they hook up to the historical Monon caboose and we get to ride in it, just the Van Bree family. But this year the caboose was out of comission so we got the most beautiful business car. It had 2 living rooms - yes, living rooms! Complete with antique sofas and paintings on the walls. 3 bedrooms - yes, bedrooms! Little beds, tiny bathrooms. A kitchen and crew quarters. It was all antique and adorable. Among the famous people who have also used the business car; Harry Truman, John Madden, Merle Haggard, and Willie Nelson!
The following pictures are of Nathan doing what appears to be a Native American spiritual dance... Just kiddin'! He was dancing though and it was so funny, no music, just him shakin' his groove thang!
Son, I am sorry, you had a snowballs chance in the oven to be a good dancer, your dad and I neither one have any rhythmn! You sure are cute trying though!

1 comment:
I bet the boys enjoyed that train. Luke looks very happy i remember him saying something about liking trains. Keep posting those pics i like to keep up with the boys and you guys
Post a Comment