Luke continues to blow my mind with his smarts and compassion. He sings his ABC's all the way through, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Twinkle Twinkle, Elmo Song, and Michael Jackson's "Beat It" (ok not all the way through on that one!!!!) He counts to seven (sometimes 8). He helps so much with Nathan - talking to him if he is fussing while I do something, letting me know when he spits up, giving him his bottle, and playing with him. It is such a blessing to see your babies together. He loves to "clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere..." He is my biggest helper and so independent. He has long since fed himself - but now we can't even dream of helping him eat - he can do it! From cereal to tacos - and he loves about anything you put in front of him! On the flip side he is two - not terrible two - just testy two! He loves to tell everyone "NOOOOOO!!!" and put his hand out and make the stop sign. He is selectively deaf. He gets frustrated when he can't figure something out and yells (like his Mama!). He is very much a little Candice!
Nathan is also developing right in front of me! He is holding his head up really well and holding his weight on his legs. He follows you as you walk across the room and smiles and giggles when we talk to him. He coos and babbles and loves to sit up. Not quite on his own but wedged up against something. Today we went to the orthotic doctor to be measured for his helmet and he was very impressed with Nathan's alertness and holding his head especially for a preemie. For those of you who don't know, Nate will be getting a cranial molding helmet in the next month or so. His head has been mis-shappen from birth, a condition called Plagiocephaly. It could not be fixed with positioning so the next step is a helmet that he will wear 23 hours a day for anywhere from 2-4 months. They are actually kinda cute! We can have it painted or put stickers and let people sign it. It will be a little sad, but we want to fix it while he is still young and it can be fixed.
My house is messy and overrun with toys, my "to-do" list is always full. I don't get makeup on most days. I am still carrying my baby weight from Nate. I am tired and sore most days. But I wouldn't have it any other way! The most important things in life aren't things! I know that time goes so fast with little ones and I don't want to miss something because I was stressing over the house or something else that isn't important! I just have to ask myself everyday - "what HAS to be done today?" If that's the only thing I accomplish, that's good enough for me! As long as the boys are happy and safe, nothing else really matters. I have an amazing husband that supports and loves me despite my shortcomings and is so amazing with the boys. I have never seen a better dad than Joe. He's nothing short of amazing. I love him a little more with each baby, and each change in our lives. I am TRULY, TRULY, TRULY blessed! I love all three of you guys more than anything! Thanks for making my dreams come true!
Having two is hectic, but honestly, I am already thinking about number 3! :)

1 comment:
You are such a great mom and such an optimist. You know what life is all about. I agree one hundred percent. No matter how crazy or hard it may be there is nothing greater than being a mom and especially a stay at home mom. I admire you and love to read your blog.
Post a Comment