B

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Introducing...Nathan Andrew!

Monday we had our official ultrasound and confirmed what we already knew...Baby Number 2 is another boy! And a healthy one at that! At 22.5 weeks he is 1.1 lbs and appears healthy. It is always amazing to see the little person growing inside your body...I am already wondering if he will look and act like Luke...I am sure he will be his own person and make his special mark in our lives just as Luke has done. Another piece of our puzzle we didn't even know was missing until he came along.


We finally committed to the name Nathan Andrew, a long time favorite. When we were pregnant with Luke I liked the names Lucas (Luke) and Nathan but Joe wasn't sold on either...

he said, "Is Luke even a biblical name?!?"

I replied "uh, yeah, the gospel according to LUKE!" Yes, Joe is my loving cradle Catholic husband! (Ok in his defense he's not that bad, he just had a brain fart!) That Sunday when we got to Mass the gospel reading was from the book of Luke, so I leaned over and told Joe - Lucas (Luke) it is! And thus, we have Lucas Christopher...

Anyway, fast forward to Nathan...A few nights ago I said, "So what is this baby's name gonna be?"

Joe said he was fine with Nathan Andrew.

I said "Well, that's my favorite too, but neither are biblical names..."

"Really?!?!" Joe says.

To which I snottily reply, "yeah, you remember the 'gospel according to Nathan..." Shortly thereafter I went to the bathroom where our current reading material is "When God Whispers Your Name." I turned to the page I was on and started reading about Jesus' walk into the city for the wedding with his first 5 disciples Peter, Philip, John, NATHANAEL, and ANDREW! Boy did I feel like a schmuck! I had to come out and apologize to Joe...guess I'm not the bible scholar I would like to think I am! Anyway, that was our confirmation that this baby is definitely Nathan Andrew.

2 comments:

{Amanda G} said...

Cute story and even cuter baby! I love his name and I love him too! Can't wait to meet the little guy!

Kristy Taylor Fishburn said...

I LOVE that name!