B

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Baby Nathan Update

We went back to the high-risk ob doctor on Monday afternoon and from the ultrasound things looked good. They decided that my cervix is not only incompetent but also a little deformed so it is hard to tell exactly what is going on (I know - wayyyyy too much info about my girl parts!). But they didn't see anything that concerned them, so I am going back again tomorrow to follow up and make sure we are still doing well. It was such great news, I just knew they were going to have bad news for me- boy was I surprised. The bad news came later that evening when I got Luke's flu bug and began throwing up and diarrhea ...uh, yuck! Let me just tell you, the last two weeks have been a test of some sort...
It all started when Luke broke his tibia and we had the cast put on April 3, that night he also started acting like his throat hurt and sneeing and runny nose. By Monday we took him to the doctor and found out he had a double ear infection and a virus that was causing the sneezing and nose thing, we also found out he has ringworm (yes, disgusting I know...). I soon thereafter had the same virus, still fighting the stuffy but runny nose part of it. Then Friday through Sunday I was in the hospital trying to not have little Nathan. Sunday we came home to Luke throwing up and diarrhea, by Monday evening I had it too, and we found out Luke's double ear infection was still in full force. Then my Aunt Connie who had been heloping with Luke while I am supposed to be taking it easy got Luke's flu too (along with most of Joe's family that helped with Luke on Easter...sorry guys!). I am feeling better today and Luke is doing ok. Luke still has bad diarrhea, maybe because of virus, maybe because of antibiotics...not really sure. And to top things off I tried to give Luke a mini bath in the kitchen sink to releive his sore butt - I even tied two bags over his cast but yes, it got wet. And now it has to come off a day early - tomorrow at 8:45 am. Aunt Mary will take him, so I can go to my appointment at 9:00 am.
I really don't think I can take much more! I know that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. I suppose I should take this as a compliment that He thinks I am so strong! Ha ha ha!
I will update further after tomorrow's appointment...really hoping everything will be ok - I DO NOT want to miss Thunder over Louisville, and the ONLY way I will miss it is if the doctors say it would put little Nathan at risk, otherwise I am so there!
Thanks again to everyone for thoughts and prayers and help with food and Luke, couldn't do it without all of you! XOXOXO

1 comment:

Maxwells said...

Yes, when it rains it pours. And I HATE throwing up while pregnant. It never fails I always catch something around 8 or nine months.
Glad to hear little Nathan is hanging in there.