Looking out over the end of the Outer Banks, we are standing on a huge sand dune!
Today we went on a four wheel drive tour of the tip of the Outer Banks. There are no roads - just ruts in the sand. People do live there, but you MUST have a 4 wheel drive vehicle to get there. It is also the home of the purest Wild Spanish Colonial Mustang herd (horses for you city folk!) We had never seen wild horses before so that was really cool, but for me - I loved looking for shells on the beach there, our guide gave me lots of great tips on what to look for - I found lots of treasures (Joe calls it junk!) Joe's favorite part was the four wheeling, we went up and down dunes and went through water, at several parts we had water up over the hood even! SOOOO FUN!
We had a wonderful dinner at Sunset Grille, I had crab legs - of course, and Joe had a seafood trio - YUM! We did a little shopping, but plan to go back tomorrow for more!

No comments:
Post a Comment