B

Friday, June 27, 2008

First Road Trip!

We went to the Huzzah Valley Resort in Steelville, MO for a long weekend with my mom, and her husband, my best friend from high school Kristy, and her boyfriend, Fish (aka Andrew). We stayed in a cabin and went on a 6 mile float (in retrospect, not a great idea with an 8 month old!). We had tons of fun, ate good food and had wonderful company. Kristy and Fish leave for New Zealand July 9 (Joe and I's wedding anniversary!) for an Agri-exchange program. It's like a foreign exchange student program, but for adults. They will work on a dairy farm. To keep up with her you can check her blog www.adventuresofkt.blogspot.com Even though I don't see Kristy but every couple years, just knowing she's in a different country will make me miss her even more, but I am so excited for her!!!! What an opportunity! Thanks to Mom and Rich for the wonderful get-away and opportunity to see Kristy! Love you guys!

Luke and Grandma
Luke and Grandpa


Joe, Candice, Luke, Kristy, and Fish


Kristy and Luke
(We will miss you! Good luck in New Zealand and stay in touch! I love you!)


2 comments:

Kristy Taylor Fishburn said...

Thank you so much for the awesome get-away!!! I love the pics!!!

Sherrie said...

So much fun to float and camp and see everyone. Mr. Luke we can't wait till you are big enough to enjoy it more. Thanks for meeting in the middle. Pictures may not capture the whole essence- but they give a huge clue! Thanks for sharing, Sis.