B

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mexican Chicken and Rice - YUM!

Ok, so I know this is usually all about Lucas - but I have to share my new favorite recipie. I first had this at my friend Amanda's. I added a few things - so try this one it's great for a large crowd or you'll have leftovers if you're only feeding a few. This is one of those things I make, then we eat it for leftovers, and the next day it's gone and I'm already craving it again!
3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
1 package taco or fajita seasoning
2 cups of uncooked rice
1 can black beans (Pinto beans also work)
1 can Mexicorn (Or just corn if you don't have Mexi-corn)
1 16 oz jar of salsa of choice
1 can Rotel
1 package of shredded cheese (I like Mexican blend - but any will work)
1 bunch of Cilantro (fresh in produce section)
Whole wheat tortillas
Sour cream
Chunk up chicken and marinade in taco or fajita seasoning - then cook (I use a skillet). Prepare the rice. Add cooked chicken to cooked rice. Then add beans, mexicorn, salsa, Rotel, shredded cheese and cilantro (just chop it up and add to taste) in a big skillet or pot. Heat through and serve.
I like mine with a whole wheat tortilla on the side and sour cream on top. Joe just globs his into his tortilla with a dollop of sour cream and eats like a taco.
It's quick, easy, inexpensive, great as leftovers, and YUMMY!
Thanks Amanda for helping us find a new fav!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

{Amanda G} said...

Anytime, but you have to share your wealth so I can have a new recipe. Hope to see you all tomorrow.